Saturday, April 12, 2025

Sub 2!

Lincoln and I ran the Helderberg to Hudson Half Marathon for the second time today and both crossed the finish line in under 2 hours. Lincoln was about 14 minutes slower than his PR, entirely due to the fact that his training consisted of the 15K Stockadeathon in Nov. 2024 with me and the Electric City 10K in March. In comparison, between those two events I estimate I ran about 500 miles, all in an attempt to run this half marathon in under 2 hours. When we crossed the 10-mile mark and I saw a digital clock that said 1:33, I knew I had it. Breasted the tape in 1:58:18, for an average mile pace of 9:02. Lincoln was 4 seconds faster per mile and exactly one minute ahead of me at 1:57:18. We both agreed there's no other feeling quite like it, except perhaps doubling it before we die.

3 comments:

  1. Probably at some point in the next 3-5 years, before my joints revolt! You in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could be in... I'm thinking a destination. London? Berlin?

    ReplyDelete