Sunday, November 10, 2024

15K the hard way

@ the finish.

@ the start.
At the age of 52, I'm not sure there's an easy way, really, but I was very happy with my performance at my inaugural Stockadeathon, one of the country's oldest road races at that distance. It was first contested in 1976. Lincoln ran the 9.6-mile course in 1:12:48 and I trailed about 11 minutes behind at 1:23:13. His average mile pace was 7:52 and mine was 8:56. I trained, he didn't. He did have a cross country season, but that ended two weeks ago and he had not laced up since. It was a lovely day, no rain, not a lot of wind, and cool. Just about freezing when the gun went off, but warmed above 40 degrees during the run. Carey was a trooper, tracking us online and cheering us on at the 2-, 4-, and 7-mile marks. After all that effort, she didn't have the energy to hobble to the finish line, but she's forgiven. I know she really wanted to run it with us, but her knee had other plans. Maybe next year!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! 8:56. Nice job. When you get slow enough for the 9's, let me know and I'll run with you again.

    Matthew was kind enough to allow me to join him on a Saturday morning run. It was obviously easy for him as he glided up the hill while I had to walk a couple of stretches.

    ReplyDelete