The family was not together much this weekend, with Greta on a school trip to the U.N., Carey in D.C. cleaning out Aunt Kathy's condo, again, and Lincoln either working or hanging out with friends. So I drove myself to the Saratoga National Battlefield Saturday morning for a long run. Astute readers will recall we've biked the "tour road" before (in 2021 and a year prior, but only blogged in 2021), but I figured I'd run it this time. Turned out to be a little over 9 miles, and while I saw half a dozen cyclists, I was the only one on two feet. Only got two phone shots in -- the first of the field where Gen. Benedict Arnold successfully attacked British forces three years before he turned traitor, spurred in part by the lack of credit he felt he received for his military heroics at Saratoga. And the second of the mighty Hudson from Bemis Heights, where Gen. John Burgoyne's British regiment surrendered in Oct. 1777. Pretty wild to jog through history.
Sunday Yeager and I got another good walk in at nearby Garnsey Park, which was a riot of color.
Just under a mile, it was long and warm enough to tire out our old dog.





Pretty B&W
ReplyDelete