Monday, October 28, 2024

Lovely weekend

I got everything done I mentioned in my Friday post except the lawn raking. Wind was blowing too hard on Sunday and it always seems pointless to rake when more leaves are just going to come down! Lincoln had a strong final race of his high school cross country career on Saturday, breaking the 5K tape in 19:02 for a personal best time.  I'm going to have to find another excuse to stand around in the various woodlands around the region next autumn. 

This is about a mile from the finish. Yes, he caught that kid.

Looking strong at about the midway point. Check out those ropy legs!

After the race, we enjoyed a lunch at Henry's Tavern in Ballston Spa, which despite all the Trump signs dotting the village, serves a pretty good Buffalo Chicken Salad.

Sunday was lower key. I got a nice 10-mile mountain bike ride in before lunch and then we watched a fair bit of football. Carey did some light household cleaning -- her knee must be feeling better! -- and Lincoln is thisclose to finishing up his college applications. Early Decision deadline is Nov. 1.

Sophisticated with that salt and pepper beard, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment