Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Doing our (small) part...

We have some local friends who are pretty engaged politically and reached out with a request: Would you stamp, label and sign 100 postcards to North Carolina Democrats, urging them to vote? I said, I'll do you one better, I'll write a personal BLOG POST to my family in that purple state and urge them to vote! Though I think perhaps everyone reading this needs no actual encouragement. Kim, let me know if I need to work on Mike or Scott.... I could see them listening to Joe Rogan and maybe getting corrupted. 😀

Anyway, the postcards are in the mail. The rest is up to the good people of North Carolina. And Michigan, and Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, and Nevada, and Arizona, and Georgia.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the Steele boys. If anyone can convince them it's you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha! So my suspicion is true? They both favor the Orange Man? What about Papa Jim? I feel like the boys always fell in line behind Dad growing up... maybe I work on him first? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one favors you know who (that I know of), they just won't vote. Jimmy is voting blue.

      Delete
  3. I voted blue (absentee)! -Carah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel free to send some to Nevada as well ;) just sent my ballot in today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The non-voters are almost worse! You can't complain about the government you get if you don't participate! I know this election is so long that you can read just about any analysis during the course of it, but one I read recently talked about how Kamala's entire game is getting the non-voters motivated enough to vote. If that number tickets up just points of a percentage point, it'll be enough. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete