Neglected to mention it yesterday, but the performance by the U.S. Navy Band Commodores on Sunday was outstanding. It still amuses me, decades after Carey's maid of honor enlisted to play saxophone in the Navy's concert band, that musicians can make a full-time career out of playing in the military. But they can! And man are they talented! I know they were playing a high school auditorium, but I joked with the NHS Music Director afterward that it was certainly the greatest concert that room had ever hosted! Every song was just super tight, all the solos were amazing, and they had a singer accompany them for half a dozen songs who was out of this world. If they're ever playing near you, I highly recommend. Forgive the horrendous iPhone video and just appreciate the solos.
They have to get my man on the horn a taller mic. That's no way to play trumpet!
ReplyDeleteHe sure could blow though!
ReplyDelete