Sunday, May 16, 2021

The extremes of hair

I once told Lincoln a story about my sophomore year at Middlebury (egads, that's 1991), when my roommate and I, Kipp, shaved our heads. I did it in solidarity with him, but he did it because he had grown it from the beginning of college down to about his shoulders and he now wished to experience "the extremes of hair." And so we sat in our grimy college bathroom with the clippers, shaving neat rows in our head. I think for the first day he went with stripes and I had like a chessboard pattern. By day two we were down to the scalp and pretty much wore hats the rest of the semester. I recall a cool retro Brooklyn Dodgers fitted cap was my favorite at the time. Anyway, after more than a year of Linc not cutting his and me shaving mine every two weeks, we have effectively recreated "the extremes of hair" 30 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment