Thursday, May 27, 2021

Candlelight chess

We lost power for about four hours yesterday after a heavy wind storm. With no streaming and nothing downloaded in advance on his devices, Lincoln challenged Carey to a game of chess. The old lady came out firing, nabbing a bishop and a knight quickly, then sacrificing her queen. At one point Lincoln was down to a knight and rook. But he somehow got a pawn to the other side and when it transformed into a queen, Carey was already in checkmate! Turns out the adults in this house are very, very bad at chess!

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking for some extra money this summer so if you need a chess coach I'd be willing to do that for a large sum of money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll save our money for Greta's college tuition, but we are pushing Lincoln to challenge you more on Chess.com! He's really into various openings and gambits, but can't really talk to us about them because it goes right over our heads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if he has a phone (I assume he does because everyone does) but if you give him my number he can just text me and we can play.

    ReplyDelete