Wednesday, May 5, 2021

16?!?!

What's so sweet about it, honestly? That's always seemed like a sexist appellation to me -- not yet fully a woman (that's at 18?), and still young enough that fathers can remember when they preferred pigtails? One thing's for sure. It has been SIXTEEN YEARS since Greta first graced our lives and every day has been a joy since. Just pop over to the archives and read posts from 2005 and 2006 for a trip down Memory Lane. Carey will spend her lunch break composing her annual ode, but I wanted to get a few photos up this morning. The house was lovingly decorated overnight and Greta opened one gift this morning. She came downstairs in a Middlebury t-shirt, so I thought it only fitting that she cover it up with a sweatshirt for the walk to school. Problem though -- it's a little big. 

But hey, wait, it fits Slim Me perfectly! So we've ordered a Medium for her while I keep the Large. At this rate, it won't be long until the sweatshirt costs $300,000 for four years. Happy Birthday, Big Kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment