I splurged and bought an iPad yesterday as an early Christmas present for the house. The kids are in love, already fighting over their 30 minutes of nightly screen time. We found a Skylanders app, a Pet Shop app, and they both like some running from monkeys game called Temple Run. I'm a little less smitten. It's actually heavier than I would have thought (but I guess all that technology and pixel resolution has to go somewhere) and there's a sense that I won't ever quite tap its full potential. It's a little like how I feel when surfing around on the Internet. There are MILLIONS of websites, a dozen or so which might actually be interesting, but unless someone points them out to me or recommends them on Facebook, I'm likely to just keep looking at family blogs, checking Yahoo email and reading the news. Feels the same with apps. Also, since it's flat, I find it a little awkward to use on my lap, since the screen is not angled up at me like my laptop. But I'm sure there's some sort of after-market adaptation to solve that problem.
Anyway, Greta and Carey discovered the Photo Booth last night and enjoyed snapping a few pics. I snapped one of them staring into the glass.
No comments:
Post a Comment