Tuesday, May 12, 2026

How's Mittens?

It's been 13 days since I mentioned Mittens, so I'm sure people are wondering what's up. 

Our beloved cat passed away on May 1, one day after Greta hugged him for the first time in four months.

That's how I wanted to write the story.

But the Pet God has other plans. Mittens is fitter than ever, trimmed down like he's on GLP-1s, jumping from the floor to chairs to countertops and eating like the Mittens of old -- tuna, canned chicken, baby food, salmon (his fave, he attacks it like Fantastic Mr. Fox). He has forgotten there is a second floor in the house and all of his needs are met in our living room -- food, water, litter. He has had TWO dogs to entertain him this week, as we pet sit cousin Olive. 





1 comment:

  1. Yay for Mittens! (There's an excellent Criterion blu-ray of Fantastic Mr. Fox. Highly recommended.)

    ReplyDelete