It's always nice to have a goal -- at work or at play. Sunday morning I accomplished one, completing the three-race Mohawk Runner's Club 29.3-mile challenge in a cumulative time of 4:34:55. I did the math for you; it's an average pace of 9:23/mile. Strava did some more math for me and I have run 233.87 miles this year.
I'd like to thank Greta for running the final leg with me, my co-workers Joe and Chris for all the training runs and the half marathon in April, and my ever-supportive wife for cheering me on each race, always having dinner ready for me on training run nights, and often picking me up after long weekend runs.
 |
| Before the starter's gun -- a steady rain. |
 |
| At the finish line; Greta crossed first, about 30 seconds ahead of her old man. |
 |
| She enjoyed a draft cider and I had a few sips of a Hefeweissen, reminding myself once again of one of the things I gave up to get fit enough to do this. |
 |
| We saw a young woman do this with her running partner before us. She was more graceful. |
Well done! What's next?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I don’t know a surgical repaired right hip will do but may we get a group to run the American Tobacco Trail half marathon in March?
ReplyDeleteSounds fun to me!
ReplyDeleteYes! and it should be L's spring break too! - Greta
ReplyDelete