Thursday, May 21, 2026

Bet you're all bored of cat posts...

So here's some life updates from me!

I'm back from Kenya, but still dreaming of Diani Beach where I spent a long weekend with Emma, Sofia, and Amber before joining my study abroad program at Diani Sea Lodge for three days. We ate lots of seafood, went snorkeling in the Africa Pool, sailed to Robinson Sand Bar, and did not get hit by any TukTuks. 








That Monday, I said goodbye to Emma's adorable Airbnb and moved to the all-inclusive Diani Sea Lodge that AU had booked. The drinks were great... the food not so much, but Emma was still in Diani so we ate out anyway. The hotel had lots of monkeys (which I did not pet) and six cats (which I did pet).







We returned to Nairobi four days later and quickly got ready to head back to the U.S.. I got my nails done, celebrated Kira's 12th(!!!!) birthday, and had a bittersweet goodbye with the Baileys. Then, Amber and I rushed through JKIA and boarded our flight to Heathrow. About a day later, I landed in JFK and got to see Ryan, Kim, and Riley who I apparently last met in 2008??? Crazy!  It was lovely to finally reunite with Mittens although I did come down with a slight fever, but it wasn't malaria, so hey go me! 




On May 5, I turned 21 and flew down to D.C. to celebrate birthdays, graduation, and rent a UHaul with my roomies to put our apartment stuff in storage. Enjoy some disordered pictures of that: 


airport surprise!




put all the beds in one room 


Brunch! 








Grad dinner with Hannah's family!


We took pictures of all the moms at the cathedral so they took ours too 

10 by 10! 



Now I'm back in Nisky and have enjoyed some time with Grandma and Grandpa and a weekend visit to Vermont to see Matthew. 



2 comments: