Thursday, June 13, 2024

School's out! (almost)

Couple more finals for Lincoln. In fact, he takes his last one on June 18, the morning before the evening we fly to Africa (via Amsterdam)! In the meantime, Carey is buying all the linen in New York' Capital Region and transitioning her wardrobe from the flowers and colors that wowed me throughout our courtship to drab ecru and beige so that she is not as attractive to malaria-carrying mosquitoes. I asked for a fashion show, but all I got was a presentation of "the colors," or lack thereof. As for a photo to accompany a post, here's Speaker of the House Mike Johnson shaking hands with a pastor from a Brooklyn church who accompanied PEF last week on our D.C. lobbying trip. I'm certain the only thing they have in common is their belief in God.

2 comments:

  1. So what's all this linen for? Bugs? Heat? Durability?

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the above? I dunno -- Carey is a helluva marketable personality! I got some linen shirts, but the wrong color, apparently. Pray for me.

    ReplyDelete