And on the ninth day, they pampered themselves. Everyone but Anneli (working), Kira (summer camp), Jack (sleeping in) and Lincoln (feeling better, but wasn't yet up for leaving the house) took the very short drive to Spa Royal located in another local indoor/outdoor mall here in Nairobi. For 2,500 Kenyan shillings (about $20) a lovely young woman did just about everything that can be done to feet to mine. Washed them, soaked them, massaged them, trimmed them, buffed them, filed them, cut the cuticles, massaged them again, this time with an exfoliating scrub, and then worked my calves and every pressure point in my feet for like 30 minutes. In total, I think I was in the chair for an hour. Even got to drink a coffee. Felt just as silly as it sounds, but my feet sure do look and feel nice! Carey got a mani AND pedi and Greta got her nails done with gel polish. I'm thinking I might need to get some of the African leather sandals that every shop here seems to sell, with colorful straps for the beach! We fly to Diani Beach tomorrow (Saturday) and return to Nairobi on Tuesday for a brief rest before departing late in the evening on July 2. 😞

 |
Carey's blue toes.
|
 |
30 colored nails!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment