My third season with the local Niskayuna Mountain Goats Composite mountain bike team wasn't the same without a kid in competition, but
Greta provided a nice capper to it on Sunday -- driving me roundtrip to
Glimmerglass State Park in Cooperstown for the NICA New York Mountain
Biking Championship. I was assigned the afternoon shift at Course
Marshall Point 1, which was basically at the top of a 100-yard climb off the starting line. My sole job was making sure pedestrians
knew riders always had the right of way and they should stay to the
left when descending the hill if they valued their life.
For posterity I should note that Niskayuna finished third in the State this year, outpointed for the Gold and Silver by two other Capital Region teams -- R-Cubed (based out of Albany) and the Saratoga Shredders.
 |
Chalk up another 150 minutes of driving practice! Note to self: Remove the "Student Driver: Please Be Patient" car magnets tomorrow.
|
 |
I don't think she read as much as she planned to, but that's because I'm such a fine conversationalist.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment