Friday, June 16, 2023

Costume Party!

Greta and her friend Elise sent their mutual friend Sam off to a summer session at Oxford (He's a rising sophomore at SMU) in style last night by throwing a "World Leaders Costume Party." The conceit was simple: Come dressed as a world leader and Sam has 10 yes/no questions to guess your identity. The young man loves global politics, so he actually went 8-8! But see if you can match him, left to right. Sam (middle, back row, in black cap) and his little brother Benji (front right) are not costumed.

Here are a few more shots that may help.



8 comments:

  1. That's Bernie on the left (no pun intended). I think Fidel Castro is in there (the one with the pipe)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That''s 2 out of 8, though it's of course a Cuban cigar. What about me? Who am I? Greta and Elise, natch, are the hardest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and Sam's mom. No way I'd ever have guessed her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Carah guessing. Is Greta dressed as Jacinda Ardern?

    ReplyDelete
  5. And for Carey, Matt and I think George Washington cause it has the old military uniform and would you be Abe Lincoln (guessed by Carah, Matt and Dad) cause of the top hat and bow tie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greta is New Zealand's erstwhile PM! And Carey is our Founding Father. My top hat should probably be black and I should have a cigar and be shouting, "Never give up, never give in!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elise's mom (next to Castro) is Gandhi. The other 2 are pretty out there, but somehow Sam knew them! His mom is an Egyptian queen named Hatshepsut. And Elise is the former dictator of Turkmenistan, Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow.

    ReplyDelete