
It's nice to have a four-bike hitch rack now that the kids are older and up for more two-wheel exploration. On the way out last Sunday, the three of us pedaled away from camp and arranged for Carey to pick us up on the road out. We made it about six miles before she honked behind us. Greta is riding a new bike "gifted" to her by her friend, Elise. It's an old Gary Fisher Wahoo, built in the mid-90's but in great condition. I'm sure they could have gotten a couple hundred for it on eBay or Craig's List, but I guess Greta and Elise (who's on the school mountain bike team) were talking about biking and she asked her Dad about the bike gathering dust in their garage and it's now ours for $20! (Full disclosure: They wanted to make it free, but Greta insisted that they buy themselves Starbucks or something. :-) In their honor, I made a little video on our first ride, but I'm told I can't share it with Elise and her Dad because, well, you'll see. What can I say? I'm funny and the video was on the day Netanyahu was ousted as PM of Israel.

What do you have for a rack? And did your car have the tow hitch already?
ReplyDeletehttps://hollywoodracks.com/products/sport-rider-se2-2-bike-hitch-rack?variant=15862464070 and then the extension that adds 2 more bikes off the back. We had a hitch installed by the dealer when we bought the Honda Pilot in 2017 and eventually bought the rack last summer.
ReplyDelete