Monday, May 4, 2020

Pray for us

Carey went back to work today. She's always been deemed essential but the small print of the governor's stay-at-home order says even essential employees can work from home if they're able. Well, one of her bosses has now decided that they can work better together if they're together, so off she went at 7am. She'll be stripping in the garage, not touching doorknobs as she enters the house, and straight into a hot shower at 6pm. Peppered beef tips are already in the crockpot. In the meantime, I'll let you know when the fever starts!

4 comments:

  1. Did you know that your blog is named after a movie? I feel like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to take credit, but Google tells me it wasn't much of a hit movie. Before Lincoln was born in 2007 we invited blog readers to help us rename the blog. It was Greta Grows until her brother was born. Here's the post with everyone's suggestions, including your Dad's! https://merrillyyours.blogspot.com/2007/06/name-this-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does she wear the mask all day? Are they adhering to the social distancing? What wasn't working that the boss felt the need to put employees' health at risk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take your questions in reverse order... 1) Unclear to me. They have a few more face-to-face meetings rather than phone calls, but mostly it's a political cover-your-ass thing, I think. The governor wants unemployed residents to get their money faster and the system is not running smoothly. 2) They sit in the same chair in the conference room and are more than 6 ft apart. She swears to me she doesn't even touch doorknobs. 3) I believe she wears the mask unless she is in the office with her door shut.

    ReplyDelete