Thursday, May 7, 2020

Brithday wrap

Greta Zoomed with a handful of friends on Tuesday afternoon, chatting about random stuff and then playing virtual Heads Up. Mommy got home just as the Chicken Broccoli Casserole was plated. We opened presents around 830 and then watched Cast Away until about 1130. I think we're "Joe Versus the Volcano" away from finishing the Tom Hanks oeuvre. Oh, she also baked her own cake from scratch -- vanilla with a strawberry layer and cream cheese frosting. Here's a video recapping her virtual party and photos from the day.


Before she left for work, Mommy decorated the table and laid out her Friends-themed birthday shirt.
As usual, when her schoolwork was done, she enjoyed some entertainment time with Yeager.
She spent an hour or so in the afternoon baking her cake and "crumb coating" it -- a word I just learned and that she obviously knew from her baking shows!


Lots of leggings and shirts.
Genuine surprise as she opened her new Kindle Paperwhite!
Heck, she even pretended to like hiking!
You're never too old to tent camp, Grandpa! I am, but you're not.

No comments:

Post a Comment