Thursday, May 28, 2020

Corona movie marathon, part II


Day 73 of quarantine.... time to add to the list of "Movies We Watched During Our Corona Vacation." Very proud of the eclectic nature of this list, which doesn't include any "TV" series, regardless of platform, but also doesn't include any on the AFI Top 100. And Ryan, alas, I did not keep track of the streaming service. You'll just have to Google. Here's to another 73 days!

  • Mr. Right
  • Spies in Disguise
  • Armageddon
  • Smallfoot
  • Mary Shelley 
  • Happy Death Day
  • Jumanji: The Next Level
  • Underwater
  • American Graffiti
  • Fighting With My Family
  • Happy Death Day 2U
  • Dolphin Reef
  • Kingsman: Secret Service
  • Marley and Me
  • Turner & Hooch
  • You’ve Got Mail
  • Iron Man
  • A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
  • Cast Away
  • Ender’s Game
  • Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made
  • The Perfect Date
  • Deep Impact
  • Yours, Mine and Ours
  • The Blind Side
  • Pirates of the Caribbean - World’s End
  • Miss Congeniality
  • One Day
  • While You Were Sleeping
  • Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides
  • The Invention of Lying
  • The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

3 comments:

  1. Nice list. We've seen a few of those lately too. I'll ask Matthew to post his list over the past few weeks. I really liked Mr. Right. Interested in your review on the following: The Invention of Lying, Jumanji: The Next Level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's an app called Letterboxd. I keep track of the movies I watch there. The app is free! If you get it, my username is Martin_Blanke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jumanji 2 (3?) was OK -- maybe 5 out of 10. Kids might have liked it better than I did. Got a little formulaic after the first one. Lying was AWFUL. Such a cast, and such a swing and a miss. Ricky Gervais, Jennifer Garner, Louis C.K., Tina Fey... should have been hilarious but never achieved liftoff. Carey would like me to note for posterity that not everyone watched all these -- the Death Day movies were just me, as was Mary Shelley and Armageddon and American Graffiti.

    ReplyDelete