I've confirmed there are 3 readers out there, probably a handful more, none wearing respirators. So at least these missives aren't totally for my own consumption. What can I say? Day 4 was much like the previous 3. I try not to watch the daily Task Force news conference because I might smash my beloved HDTV. When Doofus went after NBC's Peter Alexander today for daring to ask about all the mixed messaging, I just about lost it. Please, dear readers, VOTE.
Corona Classes remain steady. I saw a lot of math problems being worked on today and we got something from Lincoln's social studies teacher about making a video, so I'm excited to try that. On my work front, I'm interviewing all the spring sport coaches via Zoom and putting together videos for each sport about how they're talking to their student athletes, how sad it is many of the seniors played their last collegiate game, etc. There are six total and two of them so far have teared up, so that'll be good TV, as they say. Carey is working her final day in the office for awhile, coming home tonight with a state-issued Chromebook and probably sitting at this very table in the weeks to come.
We used to observe movie nights only on Fridays or Saturdays, but that's now a weekday thing. We rotate who picks the movie and you aren't allowed to complain or skip one, though there have been some grumblings and I might have fallen asleep once. Linc chose The Simpsons Movie on Tuesday night, I picked Young Guns on Wednesday, and Carey and Greta opted for Frozen II last night. I'll keep a running list here as the isolation drags on.
I'm trying to email one old friend each day to check on them and reconnect. Today was Lauri, who worked on my team at the AP, then had a series of health issues and is now retired on New York's Upper West Side with her 90-year-old mother. All things considered, they're doing well. This is a photo of her dog.
Last thought -- imagine the national catharsis when this is over? People are literally going to run out of their houses and hug strangers. Until then, get off my lawn.


No comments:
Post a Comment