Thursday, October 23, 2025

Solidarity Forever!

That's the classic up-with-working-people song written in the early 20th century and popularized by Pete Seeger in the 60's that, per a PEF Convention Resolution passed in 2023, now ends every PEF Convention. And so it was on Tuesday at 1130 that I found myself up on stage being serenaded by 800 delegates, staff and invited guests inside the 1932 Lake Placid Ice Rink as the 47th Annual PEF Convention gaveled out. Our debrief with the union president is on Monday, so at this point I THINK he's happy, but honestly, you never know with that guy! The visuals and show flow seemed good to me, and that's mostly what my team controls, so here's hoping I have another year or three to earn money as PEF's Director of Communications and pay for college. The best news is all directors were granted today and tomorrow off as comp days, so I'm staring at a 4-day weekend. So far it's been a 2-mile walk around the Union College campus, and now I'm settling in to watch a recording of the Dallas vs. San Antonio NBA game while noodling on my second screen. Later this morning the plan is a loop around one of our local mountain bike trail systems, lunch at my favorite Mediterranean Chipotle-esque chain called Simone's, and then maybe the new Paul Thomas Anderson movie, "One Battle After Another." 

1 comment:

  1. Very professional photo and attire. Extra interested in this month's media diet if you end up watching PTA's latest.

    ReplyDelete