Monday, June 9, 2025

Weekend

A lovely one here, despite the wet Saturday. My folks visited from last Thursday to early Sunday and we crammed a lot in, including a few hours of volunteering at the Schenectady County Historical Society as part of Niskayuna's Community Service Day, a nice meal at my favorite Mediterranean place, Simone's, some shopping at a local plaza (Dad needed a jar opener that is more easily twisted), and some board games Saturday night. Historians, please note I won rousing games of both Rummikub and Hitster.


Our Historical Society task was to write photo captions for their digital archives. We got bogged down in 1970s era shots of the Niskayuna Landfill's opening years, unfortunately.

Lincoln teaching Grandpa how to play Hitster. The lesson didn't really take. 😀
 
Sunday the weather broke and Carey and I got a lot done outside the house -- mowed the lawn, did some weeding, cleaned the gutters. I don't have a photo of it, but at one point Carey tossed a plastic wastebasket off the roof filled with vile-smelling leaves and muck right on my head.  She blames me; I blame her. Sounds like a good marriage. Nothing a hose bath couldn't fix.  

My intrepid wife wouldn't let me get on the roof. I think because she knew it would be her head getting dumped on otherwise.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment