Still no name for Carey's Trek Checkpoint (suggestions welcome!), but she did log another 7 miles or so on it Sunday as we pedaled parts of the Albany Pine Bush preserve about 10 miles from our house. It's a lovely little spot, apparently quite ecologically unique, that was spared from development and destruction by the creation of the Rapp Road Landfill, which is still rising like an anthill on steroids along one of its borders. Fun fact: When the landfill opened in 1969, it was 30' below the level of Interstate 87, which parallels it for a time. Now it is 100' higher. We humans produce a lot of waste.


Are you looking for a human name (e.g., John) or more of a title (e.g., Millennium Falcon)?
ReplyDeleteMore of a nickname...It gets used when I need to motivate..."C'mon ____, we're gonna take this hill" or if I overuse the brakes: "Sorry _____, my bad!" Right now I'm thinking Trekkie or NewBi or Newt...
Delete"You're all clear, kid, now let's blow this thing and go home!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mcPOd28oN0
ReplyDelete