Friday, May 19, 2023

We. Were. Running.

Lincoln wrapped up his JV track season last night with two 800 meter events ... the solo version and the 4x800 meter relay, where he was honored with the anchor leg. I only got to see the latter, because I had to be in downtown Albany for the start of the Workforce Challenge, a 3.5-mile road race in which my company enters a team. He set a PR in his relay leg and fought off a challenge from a shorter foe. I recorded it all for your viewing pleasure (and mine).

 


A couple hours later I set off with about 7,000 runners from Empire State Plaza, through Washington Park, and back to the plaza. My goal was to run the 3.5 miles in under 30 minutes, but I missed my target by 15 seconds. The fastest PEF runner finished in 28:08 -- he's bib 5180 in the group photo. But he is eight years younger than me, so I feel pretty good about that. The race winner was a recent D1 track graduate, clocking 16:51. Zoom zoom!

2 comments: