
I'll write the traditional what the kids are thankful for post a bit later today, but since this blog is really just a journal of our lives since 2006, I need to share that Yeager is not well. Carey rushed him to the vet yesterday afternoon after vomiting and a seizure. X-rays revealed something lodged in his small intestine, but it's hard to see what it is. From one angle it looks like a slab of bone and from another, tissue paper or something. Either way, the vet thinks it is slowly moving through the intestines and we are to keep an eye on his poo and pray it comes out before tearing any of his organs. Problem is, he doesn't have an appetite and pukes up what he does manage to eat. I don't quite understand the correlation between an intestinal blockage and vomiting, but that's what we know so far. Vet recommended peanut butter bread balls for dinner and he ate like four and heaved them up about an hour later. This morning he drank about a cup of water and Carey is going to try and make a boiled chicken breakfast appealing to him. If he's not significantly improved by Friday -- and he gets through this holiday without an emergency vet visit -- we get him reexamined. In the meantime, hold this photo in your heart and pray if that's your thing.


I hope he gets better. Sorry!
ReplyDelete