Sunday, November 7, 2021

Laughter is the best medicine

My old boss Laura, who still runs the video production operation at UAlbany, now has a 50% Under Armour discount thanks to the university's athletic apparel deal. So she was my first call when I decided I needed cold weather running gear. Two days after the online order, I was the proud owner of a few long sleeve shirts, two pairs of leggings, gloves and a skull cap. Yesterday was my maiden outing. This is how I left the house and I made it about half a block before Carey and Greta spotted me as they drove home from an errand. I thought they were pulling over to say hi, dinner is at 6, have a nice jog, but they pulled over, rolled down the windows, and didn't stop laughing for at least three minutes. A very long three minutes. Apparently, and it's not that apparent in this photo, the leggings make it look like I'm wearing a cup or am finally the well-endowed man I always dreamed of being. They kept my legs warm for almost four miles though, so I say the ridicule is worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I could use some cold weather biking apparel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tough out there! Bike parts, bike clothes -- best bet is Amazon, unfortunately. UA doesn't make anything bike specific. Sadly, it is officially too cold for me to be in the saddle, but I think I can jog into December.

    ReplyDelete