After years of neglect, Greta is back in the orthodontist's chair. I
realize I don't have a doctorate in dentistry, but it does seem as if
we're doing in 2020 what we tried to do in 2012. But I'm sure a close
relative of mine will dispute that in the Comments. Anyway, she has a
palate expander -- AGAIN -- but with a nicer "key" to turn every couple
days in an attempt to move her jaw. If she starts to experience any
headaches or the septum in her nose splits apart, we are supposed to
call the orthodontist back, presumably to let him know when to expect a
medical malpractice lawsuit. After some period of time when her palate
is sufficiently expanded, she'll get actual braces to move teeth around
in all that extra mouth space that the expander makes available. Naturally, she is taking it all like a champ, because she's one-half of
the two best things her mother and I ever did.Friday, October 16, 2020
Orthodontia, the sequel
After years of neglect, Greta is back in the orthodontist's chair. I
realize I don't have a doctorate in dentistry, but it does seem as if
we're doing in 2020 what we tried to do in 2012. But I'm sure a close
relative of mine will dispute that in the Comments. Anyway, she has a
palate expander -- AGAIN -- but with a nicer "key" to turn every couple
days in an attempt to move her jaw. If she starts to experience any
headaches or the septum in her nose splits apart, we are supposed to
call the orthodontist back, presumably to let him know when to expect a
medical malpractice lawsuit. After some period of time when her palate
is sufficiently expanded, she'll get actual braces to move teeth around
in all that extra mouth space that the expander makes available. Naturally, she is taking it all like a champ, because she's one-half of
the two best things her mother and I ever did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh look, I’m the close relative disputing in the comments.
ReplyDeleteAnyway... in 2012 they fixed my underbite and cross-bite. Now my top and bottom jaw have grown at different rates causing a minor cross-bite on the left side (nothing like how my teeth were before). The palate expander will hopefully bring my top jaw up to speed. The eventual braces are supposed to bring my bottom teeth out of the third intercostal position I think so that I don’t have problems later in life.
Intercuspal not intercostal. Sorry.
ReplyDeleteGreta, you are lovable and capable and beautiful inside and out.
ReplyDelete