Sunday, October 11, 2020

Blackjack!

As of yesterday at 2pm EST, our marriage was legally old enough to drink. Twenty-one years with this fine woman, who is my perfect complement in every way. We convinced the kids to hike the Indian Ladder trail at Thacher Park, where the fall foliage is maybe just 3-5 days from peak. An overnight frost or two should do the trick. Greta had a socially-distant backyard movie night to celebrate a friend's birthday in the evening, so we ate Italian takeout and lit a candle on the kitchen table. A low key celebration befitting these crazy times. 









In the evening, despite a myriad of close college football games just entering the fourth quarter, we re-watched our wedding video, which we transferred last year from VHS to DVD. Still couldn't light the unity candle on the first four tries (thanks for trimming the wick so short, Kipp!), but the justice of the peace read our words verbatim, just like we paid him to do.

"You are my confidant, my soulmate, the one I adore. I ask for nothing more from life than that I may live mine with you."

1 comment: