When Grandpa passed away in 2014, I "inherited" quite a few of the wooden plaques that used to hang on the hallway wall between the kitchen and family room (we called it a den, then). For years they've sat in a cardboard box in our basement. Thanks to all this viral free time, Carey and I reorganized our storage room and I decided to tack a few of them up in the man cave. Wiped them off with pledge first and turned them over to find some notations on the back -- "1976: Acadia National Park, atop Cadillac Mtn," read one, "From Pat and Judy, 1966," said another. There are still half a dozen that need to find a home, but I thought Dad and the cousins would enjoy these now.

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteStill to hang: "In Case of Fire, Raise This Flap / NOT NOW, STUPID! In Case of Fire!" :-)
ReplyDeleteFunny how the ones about middle age now resonate!
ReplyDelete