Monday, January 24, 2011

Two by two

Carey posted on her Facebook page yesterday: "Is it possible life is easier with 4 kids than 2?" I commented that it is not. But she had good reason to think so -- after Greta and Lincoln's first non-family sleepover. The Hayden kids, Emma and Charlotte, came over a little before dinner on Saturday. Carey graciously agreed to host them so that their parents could celebrate Sarah's 40th birthday without kids. I'm told they went to a Turkish restaurant, then tried to see "Black Swan" at the theater (it was sold out), then went home and watched 75% of "The King's Speech" DVD screener I loaned them before falling asleep.  Happy birthday! Meanwhile, their children were angels, with Emma on the air mattress in Greta's room (a first, she heretofore never allowed friends to sleep in her room, they were always in the guest room) and Charlotte on our old toddler bed in Lincoln's room. For the record, the first woman I slept in the same room with who was not my sister, my mother or cousin ended up becoming my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment