Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sleep habits

I know ... get a life, Dad, it's almost 3:30 a.m.! But I'm not sleeping well tonight, so thought I'd share this. Here's how Greta is sleeping as I type.
Note the bed above her head. So the question is: Has she outgrown the toddler bed? Or is she comforting herself at night when she wakes up by moving to the floor, which is how she and I slept together for a few weeks immediately after Lincoln's birth? (when the middle-of-the-night feedings were fast and furious and she kept waking up)

What do y'all think? Just a quirky kid or time to buy a twin-sized bed? Please chime in with comments.

6 comments:

  1. I am no expert but, since she just graduated to the toddler bed, it would seem that she could stay there for a while. If she falls out of bed, there a much shorter distance to fall than in a twin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no expert but, since she just graduated to the toddler bed, it would seem that she could stay there for a while. If she falls out of bed, there is a much shorter distance to fall than in a twin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bed seems big enough, she's not THAT lanky! I bet she just wants Dad back on that floor and in that room. Or the floor feels safer. Jay doesn't know about beds yet, Shhhh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never did the toddler bed, we always went from a crib to a twin bed with a bedrail so I can't offer advice there, but I will pass along a comment our pediatrician made to us at one of our kid's appointments. The 3 biggest problems parents come in complaining about are eating, going potty and sleeping. Three behaviors that parents want to control, but only the kids truly can.

    My guess is that a new baby and a new home and her 2 year old mind have come up with sleeping on the floor.

    When Matt was getting potty trained and having difficulty going #2 he used to run around the house screaming "I'M COLD!!"

    Sorry, so chatty :) I'll try for more brevity next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just moved Sadie from the toddler bed to a twin at 4 years old. She was touching the end of the toddler bed with her feet so we figured it was time. Thus, I think you can squeeze at least another year or two from the toddler bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. buy the twin mattress and set it on the floor. you don't have to worry about her falling out and she'll have more room to move around. both my kids shift a lot in their sleep, I'm always finding Max sideways or with a leg hanging off the edge. plus with the twin there's more room for you to snuggle in when you need to.

    ReplyDelete