Monday, September 3, 2007
Four generations
I think I've recounted our 28-week prenatal check-up... how I told everyone I didn't care if it was a boy or a girl and just wanted 10 fingers and 10 toes. I still believe that, deep down, but I also know that when the doc pointed to the penis and said, "it's a boy," my smile almost cracked my face. I just love the idea of a matched set -- a nuclear family just like the one Sara and I enjoyed growing up. And I love the anticipation of boyhood -- baseball games, tree houses, bruises galore. That's why it was so nice being at camp this weekend, with as Carey put it in the camp log -- "four generations of Merrill men -- from 93 years to 10 weeks."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great shot! Hope you had a wonderful weekend and continue to get settled in to your new home!
ReplyDeletegeat shotg of the Merrill Men! I'm jealous of your time at camp, one weekend we'll have to brave that drive with Jay.Soooo...any commnets on the first day at work?! Mine has lots of people acting like kids. And not just adults.
ReplyDeleteG --
ReplyDeleteThink I'm going to keep the blog focused on Greta and Lincoln and their new lives here in Jersey. Not that my new life isn't equally exciting, but in the interest of transparency, I'd have to be HONEST and that could get me in trouble at the new job if anybody read it!
Kidding... sorta. It's a massive organization with thousands of people to meet and about that many systems to learn. Let's chat on the phone soon. Think I e-mailed you my work number.
Your Grandpa looks really proud. Not to mention that you look really proud too. There is this thing about you and Lincoln - I've never seen you smile this much or this broadly.
ReplyDeleteAlmost makes me think I should give Brian a son. But then again, maybe not. -Melissa
ReplyDelete