Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Growing up

I know it's mostly just my perception and the arrival of Lincoln, but Greta, if not quite old enough to drive, seems at least about ready for kindergarten. I came home today after my first day as a New York City commuter and she greeted me at the door with a hug. This was after a mid-day phone conversation that ended with me saying, "I love you" and she replying, "I love you too, Dad." And tonight at dinner she made a point of buttering her own roll. And before bed, she voluntarily pooped in the potty!

It all adds up to a pretty mature little girl if you ask me. About the only thing that reminds me she's still only two years and four months old is her impatience. This weekend she busted out a new saying. When told we would swim again tomorrow, she stomped her feet, thrust out her bottom lip and whined, "Not tomorrow, to-NOW!"

No comments:

Post a Comment