Hey readers -- I missed you! I really did. Felt sort of like a boiling teapot these last nine days. Boiling with thoughts and quips and photos, but unable to release any steam in this blog. I won't bore you all with day-by-day details, but I'll trickle out some stories and photos over the next few weeks.
We spent our first night in the new house on Aug. 27. Both Carey and I agreed that it seemed smaller and quite a bit more run down than it did when we toured it as prospective buyers. But our home inspector assures us the "bones" are healthy, so we figure over time we'll spruce it up just the way we want it.
I start work on Tuesday and we just returned from a weekend visit to my family's "camp" on South Lake in New York's Adirondack Mountains. I'll post photos when our DSL connection is activated and I'm not piggy-backing on a neighbor's wireless with awful upload speeds.
Oh, and Gardner, I'll review the 37" Vizio HDTV as soon as we decide whether DirecTV or Cablevision deserves our dollars. For now, believe me when I say Dora the Explorer on DVD has never looked so good.
welcome home!
ReplyDelete