Even sillier than the outfit is the dialogue that went with it. While I washed dishes this morning, Greta first walked into the kitchen with the boots on and informed me: "It's snowing outside. I need my boots." When I replied, "Really? Snow?" she said, "No, mom. I'm pretending." A few minutes later she walked through again, this time carrying the basket, and told me she was "going shopping at Target and then going to the market." I told her we needed bread and eggs. She said "I know mom. I already have them." Sure enough, her play food loaf of bread and two eggs were rolling around at the bottom of her basket. Just as I finished up the dishes, she called for me to carry her baby down the stairs because she couldn't carry the basket and her doll. I noticed she had added a hat she outgrew last summer (which is why the chin strap is across her eyes). When I asked her about it, she declared it was sunny and she needed to keep the sun out of her eyes. Every day is sunny with you, my dear. Every day.
Friday, September 14, 2007
"The Four Seasons" (Or "Greta Dressed Herself")
Hat from spring, dress from summer, trick-or-treat basket from autumn, and boots from winter.

Even sillier than the outfit is the dialogue that went with it. While I washed dishes this morning, Greta first walked into the kitchen with the boots on and informed me: "It's snowing outside. I need my boots." When I replied, "Really? Snow?" she said, "No, mom. I'm pretending." A few minutes later she walked through again, this time carrying the basket, and told me she was "going shopping at Target and then going to the market." I told her we needed bread and eggs. She said "I know mom. I already have them." Sure enough, her play food loaf of bread and two eggs were rolling around at the bottom of her basket. Just as I finished up the dishes, she called for me to carry her baby down the stairs because she couldn't carry the basket and her doll. I noticed she had added a hat she outgrew last summer (which is why the chin strap is across her eyes). When I asked her about it, she declared it was sunny and she needed to keep the sun out of her eyes. Every day is sunny with you, my dear. Every day.
Even sillier than the outfit is the dialogue that went with it. While I washed dishes this morning, Greta first walked into the kitchen with the boots on and informed me: "It's snowing outside. I need my boots." When I replied, "Really? Snow?" she said, "No, mom. I'm pretending." A few minutes later she walked through again, this time carrying the basket, and told me she was "going shopping at Target and then going to the market." I told her we needed bread and eggs. She said "I know mom. I already have them." Sure enough, her play food loaf of bread and two eggs were rolling around at the bottom of her basket. Just as I finished up the dishes, she called for me to carry her baby down the stairs because she couldn't carry the basket and her doll. I noticed she had added a hat she outgrew last summer (which is why the chin strap is across her eyes). When I asked her about it, she declared it was sunny and she needed to keep the sun out of her eyes. Every day is sunny with you, my dear. Every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awwww! It's almost 11pm and I just got home and read this ... my kid is AWESOME!
ReplyDelete