Tuesday, January 27, 2026

Snow, yeah, we got some

At the age of 54 and having lived more than half of those years in what is widely considered "upstate" New York -- including 18-ish of them in what is decidedly "northern" New York (given the vagaries of history, I really wish the Merrills had settled 30 minutes further north so I could be Canadian) -- I am very much over people complaining about snowfall. Don't live here if you don't like it. Some winters are severe, some are mild. Sometimes the snow sticks around until March, sometimes it melts as fast as it falls. This winter appears to be a doozy. We got about 15" in the Sunday/Monday storm; white, light stuff that just kept falling and falling. Had to shovel the driveway 3-4 times and it looks like the snowbanks will be here awhile. Temps don't get out of the 20s for at least a week. Didn't get out much and when I did, didn't take my hands out of gloves to take many photos. But here are a few.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment