Hard to compete with the monster post that mom put out, but here I am anyways. I'm sure all the grandparents were worried about the winter storm reaching as far south as DC, but I made do. The past few weeks have gotten slightly busier, but nothing I can't handle. My economics class is finally teaching new stuff, and I really do find it fascinating (keep watch for a potential minor). The stats classes are still dragging on, but I've done quite well on the past few exams so it's nothing to worry about. As for DC's Winter Wonderland, there's a whole lot to say.
Here's a photo of my friend Ian pointing at Hudson after a fall
The DMV's snow control isn't the brightest, meaning I had online classes Monday through Wednesday, which I thought I would like, but actually it made me feel super lazy as I spent half of those days sitting in bed. The cold itself isn't too terrible, and yesterday I was able to walk from class to class with a thermal and a hoodie on. However, we've learned our lesson about gloves because my poor roommate Itai got frostbite (not the black and fall off kind, his fingertips just look kinda white). We suspect it happened after our first time sledding, and the health center confirmed it. Incredibly unlucky on his part, considering I was the only person sledding with no gloves on.
![]() |
Enjoy this photo of Hudson and I accompanying Itai to last Friday's Shabbat dinner. |
Last Tuesday, Hudson, Liv, Alaia, Maggie and I went to Guapo's in Tenleytown to celebrate Liv's 19th birthday. It gave me a good excuse to eat out, and the chimichanga I got lasted for two dinners. Enjoy the rest of these photos while I continue to procrastinate my stats homework. I hope all of you are having a lovely late January!
Maggie, Liv and Alaia at Guapo's
This is Ian, Hudson, Matthew and I (left to right) on our way to the sledding hill
This is Hudson and I being used on AU's College of Arts and Sciences Instagram
Here's the view from the top of the smaller sledding hill. This one is located maybe 100 feet outside of my dorm. Hudson is pointing to show you all where Ian and Itai are.
This is a killer photo of Hudson on a CitiBike. We went to a local bar to see the Patriots-Texans game a few Sundays ago. During the game Hudson and I decided to buy the $25-a-year unlimited student membership, then biked around DC for maybe 30 minutes until we decided our hands were far too cold. This was about a week before the snow hit, otherwise downtown D.C. would be fully covered. Even so, our original plan was to make it all the way across the bridge to get to the Iwo Jima memorial, but alas we chickened out in the cold, hopped on the Metro at the Smithsonian, then made our merry way back to AU.
Well I think that's most of it. I'm still having fun in D.C., the cold isn't too cold, and I like my classes. Until next time, Merrilly Yours.









My hands are cold just looking at your ungloved hand releasing the snowball. Frostbite story is scary...
ReplyDeleteItai is taking it like a champ, he insists on wearing gloves everywhere. His fingers don't look too destroyed, just a tad white or red depending on the day. I sure did luck out though.
ReplyDelete