I think the girls are having too much fun to post, so I'll share a few photos they've sent in our WhatsApp family chat. The first is the most important one. On Sunday, they checked out what will be Greta's apartment complex for her AU Nairobi experience starting January 7. I'm told it's in an upscale neighborhood, easy walking distance from groceries and coffee. It looks very African in this photo!
They've also been to a Giraffe Center, where they got up close and personal with the longest-necked mammal and their enormous tongues.
On Saturday, they finally made it to the Karen Blixen Museum, which was on our to-do list in 2024 when we had to cancel because of the political unrest at the time. She's the Danish writer and World War I-era colonist who ran her family's coffee farm for a couple decades, contracted syphilis from her unfaithful husband, ingested lots of mercury before doctors knew that was a very bad thing, and eventually died of malnutrition, but not before living a pretty glamorous life, as portrayed by Meryl Streep in "Out of Africa."
![]() |
| On the grounds of the Blixen estate. |
![]() |
| Prediction: Greta's home or vacation home will one day have a hammock. |
.jpeg)






No comments:
Post a Comment