On my last day in Copenhagen I woke up early to visit yet another coffee shop (Original Coffee's cortado 10/10). Caffeinated and vaguely well-rested, I took my last solo bike ride to the city, ending up at Nyhavn, the postcard-perfect canal street. I was proud of the several Danish left turns I made on the way there and relieved that the way back mostly involved rights. The street was just as pretty as it seemed online.
After enjoying the sights, I biked back to my hostel to grab my suitcase and return my bike lock. It was a bittersweet goodbye, but the bus I took to Olivia's was also nice.
To kill time before the flight, Olivia and I split a too-good-to-go bag from the nearby Radisson Blu hotel. We were intrigued to see what we'd get and ended up with an assortment of pastries, fruit, potatoes, and sausages. Not bad for 20 krone.
Our flight to Berlin took about two hours, and we passed the time after security enjoying the samples from Duty Free. We landed in Berlin that evening, and after an hour long trek from the airport (Lincoln, we missed the express train), we arrived at our hostel. Our first task was securing some schnitzel sans reservations. We met a lovely host at Schwarzwaldstuben who helped on both accounts.
The pictures don't show it but the schnitzel, potatoes, cabbage, and salad were absolutely delicious.
Georgia's flight still wasn't in so I killed some time at a nearby Christmas Market while Olivia took advantage of the Seattle time difference to call her parents. Vendors, massive rides, an ice-skating rink, and Glühwein abounded!
Georgia finally got to the hostel around 10pm and it was just lovely to have the entire trio back together. We went down to the hostel bar to catch up and ended the night at Bar Amelié. It had been 3 months since we'd all seen each other in person, but it felt truly like no time had passed.






No comments:
Post a Comment