Thursday, December 4, 2025

Copenhagen Day 1

I spent a lovely Thanksgiving break traipsing around Copenhagen and Berlin with friends who are currently studying abroad. 

First stop was Copenhagen, Denmark, where Olivia has been studying as a DIS student since mid-August. I arrived Tuesday evening, and she met me at the airport. 

very Scandinavian apartment

She cooked me dinner and we went to a party with some of her friends before heading out to American Tuesdays at Proud Mary's (a DIS student tradition). 

Wednesday morning started with a cardamom bun from Skt. Peder's Bageri, and Olivia helped me get my own (free!) bike to explore the city. Yes mom, I wore a helmet. 




Olivia also introduced me to the Studenterhuset, a student-run cafĂ© and bar she volunteers at in exchange for free drinks. Then we biked to the Kings Garden and the Copenhagen Botanical Gardens before getting lunch at the Glass Market.  


  


A Danish goose and heron! 

   

After lunch we checked out the Glyptotekt (Grandpa Jerry, there's a neat Degas exhibit I want to show you) and bought ride passes at Tivoli, which was decked out for the holidays. We ended the night with delicious burgers and cocktails back at the Studenterhuset. 



1 comment: