Monday, January 22, 2024

Bambis


Our old Rodman neighbor, Bill Blodgett, would not have been very impressed by the cross country ski skills Lincoln and I exhibited yesterday at Lapland Lake. The parents of Greta's friend, Elise, invited the whole family to join them, but Carey had some work to do, so she stayed behind. Conditions were pristine, according to everyone at the lodge. My Apple Watch was confused by the new workout I tried to have it record, so it didn't keep track of the mileage, but we probably went 3-4 miles. My inner thighs feel it this morning. For the historical record, Linc and I each bit it once on a downhill, sitting down in a white puff rather than hitting a tree or falling into a creek. It was too damn cold to pull off gloves and do much more than a selfie, but I did get a nice apres ski shot of Linc enjoying his Adirondack Mac & Cheese.  That's macaroni, bacon, walnuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup.


2 comments:

  1. That snack sounds like the love child of American and Canadian cuisine. What's the verdict from Lincoln?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two thumbs up! He ate it all, at least... that's more than most foods.

      Delete