Saturday, December 9, 2023
Dark Sarcasm
Remember that accordion and mandolin concert we went to in October? Well, last night was payback for that. I dragged Carey to a small theater at Procter's in Schenectady where a local band of late middle-aged musicians calling themselves "Dark Sarcasm" played nothing but Pink Floyd songs for 2+ hours. For those of you who didn't sneak into the older Babcock boys' room throughout the 80's and listen to their Floyd vinyl, cassettes, and later, CDs... the band was named after the classic lyric in Floyd's only No. 1 hit in the U.S. and U.K., "Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 2:" "We don't need no education. We don't need no thought control. No dark sarcasm in the classroom. Teacher, leave those kids alone!" It was cool to see a bunch of late middle-aged men and women with day jobs doing something they obviously love. The lead guitarist had real talent and the drummer was quite good. Vocals could use some work, but points for passion. As for me, I was shocked at how many songs I remembered, including the trippy lyrics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment