Monday, December 25, 2023

2023 Yule

A lovely "just us" Christmas day, so far. Carey and I woke around 7:30, and enjoyed a half-watch of "A Merry Scottish Christmas" on the Hallmark Channel while I did my Wordle and Connections. Kids woke about 9, we opened stockings and had a breakfast of eggs, French toast and fruit. Spent the late morning unwrapping presents and walking the dog around the neighborhood, then everybody settled in to do something -- the women made a Christmas tree pastry "tear and share" that was better than anybody's on the recent season of "The Great British Baking Show: Holidays" -- a sweet version with Nutella and jam, and a savory that was stuffed with brie and some herbs. Lincoln used the hour to build the Lego bouquet his mother gifted him, and I caught the start of the Bucks vs. Knicks and Chiefs vs. Raiders. It's not all sunshine and rainbows, though. I lost $6. Giannis scored 30+, but the Bucks took the L. It's now late afternoon, also known as "sunset" this time of year, and the women are watching the undisputed holiday film "Die Hard," Lincoln is napping with the cat, and I just took a shower after a solo in-the-woods walk with Yeager that ended with my thigh and forearm coated in mud after a spill down some earthen steps at Indian Kills Recreation Area. We're home for the first part of the week, hosting my folks on Dec. 27 for a day or two, then spending a couple days in Syracuse with the other side of the family. Back to school/work on Jan. 2. Except Greta, who has to bide her time until flying back to school on Jan. 13.















1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day! We left home around noon to visit both the Gilmores and Steeles. Not home until after 9pm.

    ReplyDelete