We spent all day Saturday at the Fair, arriving around 11 a.m. and departing around 10 p.m. Esme was our special guest this year, joining the four of us and the Santillanes clan.
We wandered the buildings and barns for the first few hours, then split up for a bit, with the teenagers on their own until 6pm. I tagged along with them for the first couple hours, until I realized my value was as a human coat rack as they rode everything on the Midway.
All was not for naught, however, as when Esme skipped the 360 degree, vomit-inducing Superman, she sealed our uncle-niece relationship by purchasing us some matching body art. Alas, there is no special name for this Henna. It's just a pretty mushroom. Hers is a little prettier than mine. I think the artist got sick of talking to me, so she skimped a little on the design. But it's lovely having some fungi on my forearm for the next 10-15 days!
The rest of the day/evening included the requisite chick petting, more Midway fun, and a concert by The Dropkick Murphys, those Irish hellraisers who first rocked the Boston music scene when Carey and I were in college.
![]() |
| Raspberry chardonnay ice cream! |
















No comments:
Post a Comment