I joined a colleague at the Run for Dunkin' 5K at the Albany JCC on Sunday morning. He's training for a longer 15K and ran 8 miles on Saturday, so told me he was going to take it slow and I shouldn't wait for him, despite the fact that he's five years younger than me! I needn't have worried, though. Turns out I'm semi-fast for an old guy! Beat him by a little less than a minute, and just missed making the podium in the 50-59 age group, placing 5th in my category and 52nd overall, with a time of 25:41. This is a photo from the local newspaper at the start. You can see my teal hat behind the guy in the red t-shirt, head bowed, as I try to connect my headphones to my Apple Watch.

Great time! Next stop, sub-20.
ReplyDeleteThanks. You must be still in your 20s. I don't know if your Dad told you, but I'm not. :-)
ReplyDelete