Monday, September 19, 2022

Polyp-nesia

Illicit photo in the prep room before being wheeled in for the procedure. I remember greeting the two nurses and the doctor, then waking up in recovery.

Not my most favorite weekend here in the 518. With my first colonoscopy scheduled for 8 a.m. today, I was on a general liquid diet on Saturday and a clear liquid diet on Sunday. So Sunday's intake was nothing but black coffee, water, seltzer, green jello and beef broth. Saturday was a little better, with a couple Ensure shakes and some low-sugar yogurt. But boy did I miss nuts and oatmeal and my two slices of Ezekiel bread in the morning! Anyway, I won't gross you all out with the number of bathroom visits after chugging 64 oz.of Gatorade mixed with 238 grams of Miralax, or the sound your bowels make when you basically just irrigate your intestine and rectum, but I will note for the historians that the doc excised three small polyps (<4 mm) and one larger one (<7mm) and we'll do it all again in late 2025 or maybe 2027, depending on the pathology report. On visual inspection, he's pretty certain they are all benign. A shout-out to my supporting family, especially the two with the additional X chromosome. They catered to my every whim, and don't think I didn't take advantage of it!

One of Saturday's two Ensure shakes -- really good for this low sugar guy! Photo credit to Greta, she is proud of the reflection in the car hood.

This is homemade oatmeal gruel on Saturday. Props to Carey for trying something different, but it was not very good. Blended Quaker oats with evaporated milk and condensed milk. Too syrupy.


245am Monday after my last 8 oz. glass of Gatorade/Miralax.


2 comments: