Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Date night
We went to an actual restaurant one night last week when the kids were in Syracuse. Chose to sit on the outdoor patio, which after about 20 minutes became ours alone. A party of about eight men -- we think from the Air National Guard, I overhead references to Greenland and the "Space Force" -- finished their repast and we had it all to ourselves. Tara Kitchen is a small Moroccan chain in the capital region with another set to open in Wildwood, N.J. The food was quite delicious, though I gotta say, there's a reason most Americans are overweight from dining out -- the portions were enormous to my now sensitive eyes and stomach! I made two meals out of mine, which was a tomato-based dish with chicken and olives and potatoes. Carey went with the lamb and we both preferred our entrees over each other's, which is always nice. All in all, it felt like a low-key return to normalcy. The owner was definitely appreciative. He spent time explaining things on the menu and the cooking process of Moroccan stews ("tagines), involving lots of cast iron and ceramic covered pots over open flame.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Do you know what happened to my comment on the last post?
ReplyDeleteNo, but sorry about the snake! Take comfort in the fact that it was a plains garter snake and they’re only mildly venomous :)
ReplyDeleteI take no comfort in any snake related things.
ReplyDeleteWhen I wrote the original post, it was on Carey's Google account so she was listed as the author. I can't have such inaccuracy, so I recreated the post with me as the author, thus deleting your commend. We do appreciate your patronage. Like and subscribe.
ReplyDelete