Sunday, February 21, 2021

Trail stewards

Carey and I took on a new volunteer role today at Garnsey Park, just across the Mohawk River in Clifton Park, N.Y. Nice multi-use trail system used year-round by walkers, runners, skiers, bikers. Some guy who calls himself "Smokey Joe" has been providing a garbage bag for dog poop at the trailhead for more than a year. Well, Smokey posted a note earlier this month indicating he is moving to Saratoga and hopes someone will keep the service alive. Into that vacuum step the Merrills. We need a pseudonym for ourselves, so suggestions are welcome in the comments. The job, as I see it, involves picking up and replacing the garbage bag once a week -- maybe less often if it's not that full -- and a windows-down drive home until it's sealed in our trash can.


Saturday morning @ The Crossings in Colonie, N.Y.



1 comment:

  1. Crazy that you still have snow. Some Guy and I played tennis yesterday in sunny, 70 degree weather.

    ReplyDelete